This Pomegranate and Pear Sangria Is the Perfect Drink for Fall
Say hello to your new favorite seasonal adult beverage.
Is sangria usually one of your favorite summertime drinks? Same. But don't think that you have to count it out now that your beach days are over for the year. Lots of great fruits are in peak season, making them perfect for a festive red wine sangria. Pass over your usual light and bubbly peach punch (or the rosé sangria), and instead opt for this fall-flavored recipe that's both delicious and easy to make.
This seven-ingredient fall sangria recipe features pomegranate, apple, pear, and orange, and packs a punch of cinnamon whiskey. (Is there anything more ~autumn~ than that?) Choose your favorite fruity red wine, grab some pomegranate juice, and get pouring.
For bonus points, serve alongside a seasonal apple dessert and a toasty fireplace...while wearing a flannel and beanie, of course.
Pomegranate and Pear Fall Sangria Recipe
- Arils from 1 pomegranate
- 1 orange
- 1 pear
- 1 apple
- 1 bottle of fruity red wine, such as merlot
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup cinnamon whiskey
- Ice, optional
- Place pomegranate arils in a pitcher. Quarter orange and then cut into slices. Core and dice pear and apple. Place all cut fruit into the pitcher with pomegranate arils.
- Pour red wine, pomegranate, cinnamon whiskey, and juice into pitcher. *If possible, refrigerate pitcher for at least a couple of hours before serving. (This gives the fruit more time to absorb the liquids.) In a time crunch? The sangria is delicious to drink right away, too.
- Pour sangria into glasses, spooning out some fruit into each glass.
- Optional: Serve with ice for a chilled cocktail.