If you had to name your favorite summer happy hour picks, we'd bet rosé and margaritas would top the list. (We know Jillian Michaels would definitely go for the marg.) But as summer comes to a close (say it ain't so!), and the number of outdoor happy hours dwindles, it makes sense to cram as many summer vibes as possible into one glass. That's where this Spicy Pink Watermelon Margarita from Código steps in. To create their rosa tequila, they let their blanco tequila spend a month chillin' in Napa Cabernet oak barrels so that the clear spirit adopts a pretty pink hue. Though it doesn't technically have wine in it, the rosé-reminiscent color makes you feel like you're sipping the sweet "summer water"—but with a tipsy punch of tequila. (BTW did you know you can use rosé in all these creative ways?)
The surprises don't stop there. This margarita has even more layers of flavor—the fresh watermelon lime jalapeño juice from Pressed Juicery and jalapeño-infused agave add refreshing bites of spicy and sweet. Salt the rim, and you have a flavor mash-up that screams summer in a glass. Now all you have to do is chase it down with one of these healthy tacos and pretend like long summer weekends never end.
Photo: Chalkboard Magazine
Spicy Pink Watermelon Margarita Recipe
- 2 oz Código 1530 Rosa Tequila
- 3 oz Pressed Juicery Watermelon Lime Jalapeño Juice
- 3/4 oz fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon jalapeño-infused agave
- Kosher salt (as garnish)
- Fresh jalapeño, sliced (optional)
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Pour in rosa tequila, watermelon jalapeño juice, lime juice, and agave. Shake for 30 seconds.
- Top cocktail with a salt rim and jalapeño slices if desired.