This Strawberry Matcha Lemonade Is the Tastiest Way to Hydrate
This light drink uses refreshing Meyer lemons and sweet strawberries.
Looking for a low-cal beverage that'll please your taste buds as the days start to heat up? (Yes, the weather will eventually get and stay warmer, we swear.) This strawberry matcha lemonade is just the thing.
This recipe puts a twist on classic lemonade in a number of ways: First, it uses Meyer lemons. Sweeter and smaller than your typical lemons, Meyer lemons are a great in-season option. But if you can't find them, regular lemons will work, too. The strawberries add natural sweetness and a pretty pink hue. Bonus: They're in season and at their best in spring and summer, so use them while you can.
But the real star of the show from a nutritional standpoint is matcha green tea powder, which is filled with antioxidants and superfood powers that make it a more potent version of your usual green tea. Finally, rather than sweetening the lemonade with cane sugar, this matcha lemonade recipe uses monk fruit sweetener-a zero-calorie fruit sweetener that won't send your blood sugar levels on a roller-coaster ride.
After blending all of the ingredients together, pour the lemonade into glasses, add ice, and garnish with more lemon, strawberry, and mint leaves for a refreshing, healthy beverage. Oh, and it's pretty, too!
Strawberry Matcha Lemonade
- 2 cups cold water
- Juice from 5 to 6 Meyer lemons
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, halved
- 5 teaspoons monk fruit sweetener (give or take, depending on your sweetness preference)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons matcha green tea powder (depending on how strong you'd like the matcha flavor)
- A few handfuls of ice
- Optional garnish: Mint leaves, strawberry and lemon slices
- Place cold water, lemon juice, strawberries, monk fruit, and matcha in a blender or food processor. Blend well until everything is combined and smooth.
- Place handfuls of ice into two glasses. Pour lemonade into glasses. Garnish with lemon slices, mint leaves, and strawberry slices.
Nutrition facts per serving: 90 calories, 0g fat, 26g carbs, 5g fiber, 6g sugar, 1.5g protein