The Acai Smoothie Recipe for Glowing Skin and Healthy Hair
Celeb nutrtionist Kimberly Snyder shares her go-to anti-aging smoothie
Kimberly Snyder, a certified nutritionist, smoothie-company owner, and New York Times best-selling author of The Beauty Detox series knows a thing or two about smoothies and beauty. Her celeb clients include Drew Barrymore, Kerry Washington, and Reese Witherspoon to name a few, so we asked her to come by the Shape offices and share a smoothie recipe to help us get that healthy, youthful glow.
The result? This creamy, acai smoothie that's dairy free and naturally sugar-free (so it won't spike your blood sugar levels) and loaded with antioxidants and amino acids. According to Snyder, it also helps to combat aging and supports healthy skin and hair while providing a natural "detox". (Next up, check out these 10 Smoothie Bowl Recipes Under 500 Calories.)
- 1 packet of Sambazon Original Unsweetened Blend Acai Pack
- 1 1/2 cups of coconut water (you can also look for pink Thai coconut water)
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
1. Run frozen packet of Sambazon under hot water for five seconds to loosen up, then drop into your blender.
2. Add coconut water, almond milk, avocado, and coconut oil.
3. Blend together and enjoy!
Synder says that you can also add a banana if you want an extra-filling morning smoothie or cacao powder to make it into a dessert smoothie!
Check out the full Facebook Live video with Snyder below.