Make These Delish Blueberry Breakfast Bars from Alison Sweeney
If you missed Alison Sweeney whipping these up on our Facebook Live—you can still try them out for yourself
You most likely know Alison Sweeney from her 10-year stint as the host of The Biggest Loser (that, or you're a huge Days of Our Lives fan). If you follow her on Instagram, you know she's all about working out and eating healthy. Though she wasn't competing, Alison always looked ah-mazing on the stage of America's biggest weight loss show-and that's exactly why we're happy she's sharing her yummy recipe for healthy blueberry breakfast bars.
She dropped by to make these for a stream on SHAPE's Facebook Live feed, and we're sharing the delicious deets so you can whip up a batch in your own kitchen. Check out the recipe below, and "Like" us on Facebook so you never miss a yummy (or sweaty!) Facebook Live post ever again. (Next up: 20 Overnight Oats Recipes That Will Change Mornings Forever.)
Blueberry Breakfast Bars
Makes: 12-16 bars
Prep time: 10 mins.
Cook time: 30 mins.
Total time: 40 mins.
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1/2 cup sliced raw almonds, raw pepitas, raw pistachio (or whatever seeds/nuts you like-sprouted is great!)
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 medium bananas)
- 1/2 cup 0% Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs nut/seed butter
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extra
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together oats, quinoa, sugar, baking powder, raw almonds and flax seeds.
- In separate mixing bowl, mash bananas, then mix in nut butter, greek yogurt, blueberries, egg, lemon juice and vanilla. Pour this mixture into dry-ingredient mixture. Mix everything together until fully incorporated. Batter should be moist, but easy to shape, not runny.
- Scoop batter into prepared pan and press gently into flat rectangular shape.
- Bake on center rack for 25-35 minutes until bars are golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Remove and let cool completely in pan, then remove and slice into squares (or rectangles). Bars can be kept in an airtight container for 4-5 days. Can also be toasted to warm up for fun breakfast treat.