This delicious and healthy meal-prepped breakfast option serves up protein and healthy greens in a super-convenient package. Make the full batch ahead of time, cut into portions, and pop in the fridge so you can have a grab-and-go breakfast that's way better than a granola bar. Not a fan of asparagus? You can substitute any dark green vegetable in its place. (And if you don't like eggs, try these high-protein breakfasts that don't have eggs.)
Healthy Asparagus Torta Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for sautéing
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 bunch fresh asparagus, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup gluten-free panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- Butter for greasing the pie dish
- Preheat oven to 325–350°F.
- Sauté chopped onions and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until glassy.
- Add chopped asparagus and sauté until tender. Remove from heat.
- Whisk eggs together while asparagus is cooling.
- Add sautéed vegetables, panko crumbs, grated Parmesan, salt, and pepper to egg mixture and combine with whisk.
- Generously grease a glass or ceramic pie dish with butter and pour the mixture into the dish.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until firm and beginning to turn golden brown. Cool and serve.
Interested in more wellness videos? There are thousands of fitness, yoga, meditation, and healthy cooking classes waiting for you on Grokker.com, the one-stop shop online resource for health and wellness. Plus Shape readers get an exclusive discount—over 40 percent off! Check 'em out today!