These Avocado Oat Pancakes Will Seriously Step Up Your Brunch Game
P.S. There's strawberry lemon syrup involved.
If you're sick of avocado toast (as if that were possible), we have a new way to eat your favorite fruit for breakfast: pancakes.
These avocado pancakes are made with wholesome oats and banana, then topped off with a fresh strawberry lemon syrup that only requires four ingredients and takes just a few minutes to whip up. (Want more quick breakfasts? These easy breakfast recipes take less than five minutes.)
Avocado Oat Pancakes with Strawberry Lemon Syrup
- 1 cup oat flour or dry oats
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 banana
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of stevia, cane sugar, monk fruit, or other sweetener of choice, optional (you may or may not need it depending on the sweetener of your fruit and your taste buds)
For the strawberry sauce:
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- First, make the strawberry sauce: Slice the strawberries, then place in a small saucepan with the maple syrup, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Cook on medium-low until the strawberries are tender and juicy, and it forms a thick syrupy mixture. While the sauce is cooking, make the pancakes.
- If using oat flour, skip to step 2. If using regular oats, place them in a food processor and pulse on high until they're mostly ground.
- Blend the oats, avocado, flour, banana, almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and sweetener in a food processor or blender just until evenly combined.
- Heat a pan over medium-low heat and coat with cooking spray. Use a spoon to form 3 pancakes with 1/2 of the batter. Cook until lightly browned on both sides. Repeat the process for the remaining batter.
- Plate the avo pancakes and top them with strawberry sauce. Enjoy while they're hot!
Nutrition facts per 3 pancakes with 1/2 of the strawberry sauce: 440 calories, 8g fat, 1g saturated fat, 85g carbs, 11g fiber, 8g protein