These Baked Oatmeal Squares Are About to Become Your New Favorite Breakfast
Meal prep now, grab an oatmeal square to-go later.
Looking for a new make-ahead breakfast that you can prep once and enjoy all week long? This baked oatmeal with fruit recipe has you covered.
Featuring oats and almond butter to keep you full for hours, this baked oatmeal also uses fresh apple and banana for added sweetness. (Savory flavors more your thing? Check out these 16 savory oatmeal recipes.)
We suggest storing these oatmeal squares in the fridge, then popping them in the toaster or microwave when you want a quick breakfast or snack. Our favorite way to enjoy them is with a drizzle of almond butter on top alongside a cup of tea or coffee, though they're also great all on their own for an on-the-go bite.
Banana Apple Almond Butter Baked Oatmeal Squares
Makes 10 servings
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 2 1/3 cup almond milk (or other preferred milk)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons creamy, drippy almond butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 large apple that bakes well, such as Pink Lady
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling on top
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Peel and dice the apple. Mash the bananas. Set both aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the almond butter, honey, and vanilla extract over low heat. Cook until the mixture is warm, well combined, and starting to bubble, stirring a few times.
- Meanwhile, combine the oats, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Once the almond butter mixture is ready, pour it into the mixing bowl on top of the oats. Add the milk and mashed banana. Stir everything with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Fold in the diced apple and stir again.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking dish. Optional: Sprinkle additional cinnamon on top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until it's mostly firm to the touch.
- Allow it to cool a bit before cutting into 10 squares.
Nutrition facts per 1 baked oatmeal square: 247 calories, 8g fat, 37g carbs, 5g fiber, 15g sugar, 7g protein