Blueberry Banana Muffins Featuring Greek Yogurt and an Oatmeal Crumble Topping
These mini muffins are the perfect little snack.
April marks the start of blueberry season in North America. This nutrient-dense fruit is packed with antioxidants and is a good source of vitamin C, vitamin K, manganese, and fiber, among other things. With brain-boosting, anti-aging, and cancer-fighting properties, blueberries live up to their hype as one of the healthiest fruits around.
There are a lot of easy ways to incorporate more blueberries into your diet. You can add some to your cereal, top off your yogurt with them, or throw a few handfuls into your smoothies.
And who could forget blueberry muffins? Sweetened with banana and honey, and topped with an oatmeal crumble, these Greek yogurt mini muffins are a perfect healthy snack. If you don't have a mini muffin tin, you can also use a regular muffin tin, and it'll make 12 large muffins.
Mini Blueberry Banana Greek Yogurt Muffins with an Oatmeal Crumble Topping
For the muffins
2 cups whole-wheat flour
2 medium ripe bananas, broken into chunks
5.3 ounces vanilla Greek yogurt
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup almond milk, or milk of choice
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup blueberries
For the topping
1/4 cup dry rolled oats
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a mini muffin tin with 24 mini muffin cups, or if not using muffin cups, spray tin with nonstick spray.
- Combine all muffin ingredients except the blueberries into a food processor, pulsing until mostly smooth.
- Remove the blade from the processor and add in the blueberries, mixing with a spoon to evenly incorporate into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin cups. Set aside.
- To make the topping: Combine the dry oats and cinnamon in a small bowl. Melt the coconut oil and honey in a microwave or on the stove top.
- Pour the coconut oil and honey into the oats and mix together. Spoon the oatmeal crumble on top of the muffins.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick can be inserted into the center of a muffin and come out clean. Allow to slightly cool before enjoying.
Nutrition stats per mini muffin: 80 calories, 1g fat, 0.5g saturated fat, 18g carbs, 1.5g fiber, 8.5g sugar, 2g protein