Goat Cheese Breakfast Tartlets Perfect for Hosting Brunch
They only take 25 minutes to make!
These savory breakfast tartlets (aka mini tarts) are a really good reason to get out of bed. Beautiful and healthy yet satisfying, they'll make your morning (and Instagram) shine. Choose cherry tomatoes, strawberries, yellow and green squash, or asparagus as toppings-or make a few of each.
Pro tip: If you want to save some time, you can do much of the prep the night before. (Related: These Make-Ahead, Mason-Jar Breakfasts Are Amazing for Meal Prepping)
Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 3 oz goat cheese
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh thyme (for cherry tomato tartlets)
- Honey and basil (for strawberry tartlets)
- Sea salt and cracked pepper (for squash tartlets)
- Lemon zest (for asparagus tartlets)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with parchment. Roll out 1 sheet puff pastry (thawed, following package directions) on floured board. Using a 5-inch cookie cutter, cut 6 rounds. Place on baking sheet and prick holes with a fork, leaving a half-inch border around each.
- In food processor, pulse goat cheese, egg yolk, milk, chives, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste until smooth. Spread evenly over the inner circle of each tartlet. (Can be refrigerated the night before; bring to room temperature before adding toppings and baking.)
- Top tartlets with one of the following combinations:
- Cherry tomatoes: Halve and place on tartlet, alternating cut side up and down. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Strawberries: Hull and quarter and arrange like petals in a concentric circular pattern.
- Yellow and green squash: Create thin, ribbon-like strips using a vegetable peeler. Wind into tight coils and arrange in a floral pattern. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Asparagus: Halve and center in flat rows. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until pastry is puffed and golden brown. Remove from oven and garnish the cherry tomato tartlets with sea salt and fresh thyme, the strawberry tartlets with honey and basil, the squash tartlets with sea salt and cracked pepper, and the asparagus tartlets with lemon zest. Serve warm or at room temperature.