Tone It Up trainers Karena and Katrina share the perfect healthy cookie recipe.
Photo: Tone It Up
If a sugar crash is a one-night stand, these chocolate-heart protein cookies from Tone It Up are long-lasting love. They're just as festive and tasty as any other V-Day dessert, with the bonus of satiating protein and healthy fats thanks to protein powder and avocado. (Same goes for these healthy chocolate cashew truffles.)
They're sweetened with dates, which add extra fiber that you wouldn't get from table sugar. And while most icings are basically pure sugar, the topping for these cookies is made with raspberries. (Related: Brilliant Berry Recipes That Are Good for Your Heart) Whether you need a gift for a health-conscious friend or are trying to rein in your own sweets consumption, these cookies are the solution.
Chocolate Heart Cookie
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Tone It Up Protein
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Coconut oil spray
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons (or more) water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor, combine the dates, avocado, and egg until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Spray a cookie sheet with coconut oil spray. Roll the cookie dough out to 1/4 inch thick. Cut into heart shapes. Place cookies on the cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a blender, combine the raspberries and water until smooth.
- Remove cookies from the oven and allow to cool. Top with the raspberry topping once cooled.