This Elegant Cauliflower Cashew Soup with Lavender Will Make You Feel Fancy
You're going to love this rich and creamy soup that's not only a feast for your eyes (and your taste buds) but is actually good for you.
Purple, or more specifically, violet is trending in a big way right now. It's been named the 2018 Pantone Color of the Year, which mean you have an excuse to buy these purple workout clothes. Another way to get in on the action is with purple vegetables, such as the purple cauliflower used in this recipe. They're not only totally gorgeous but filled with nutrients, too. This creamy cauliflower soup is mixed with raw, soaked cashews, so the end result takes on a more muted hue, but the flavor profile speaks for itself.
Purple cauliflower is loaded with anthocyanins and packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber. And thanks to the cashews, it makes an elegant, creamy dish without a drop of dairy. You can make it vegan by swapping out the chicken broth for vegetable broth. This recipe also uses culinary lavender, giving it a unique flavor that instantly elevates any dinner table.
Creamy Purple Cauliflower Cashew Soup with Lavender
Makes approximately 7 1/2 cups
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large purple cauliflower head, cut into florets, about 1-inch in size
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Himalayan pink salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup organic raw cashews (soaked for 4 hours and rinsed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried culinary lavender
- 32 ounces organic chicken broth (homemade or sodium-free boxed)
- Microgreens or fresh herbs
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in large saucepan.
- Add cauliflower, onion, shallot, garlic, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to saucepan, and sauté until vegetables are tender.
- Add cashews, lavender, and chicken broth to vegetables, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn heat off, remove soup from stove, and use an immersion blender to blend. Alternatively, pour into blender and blend until creamy and smooth. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour soup into bowls. Sprinkle with microgreens or fresh herbs.