The Easiest Holiday Chocolate Bark Recipe You'll Ever Make
Tired of the overly processed, questionable ingredients and high prices of those packaged candies on the store shelves? Me too! That's why I came up with this simple, three-ingredient dark chocolate bark that any chocolate lover will appreciate. (Check out 15 more healthy chocolate dessert recipes.)
These ingredients are truly all you need to create a mouthwatering masterpiece that will please all palates. Dark chocolate (aim for at least a 60 percent cocoa content) contains the antioxidant known as flavonoids. Building your bark base using this chocolate variety will instantly increase the health benefits of your treat and satisfy that chocolate fix you crave. As a proud partner with the Wonderful Company, I added layers of pistachios to create that crunchy texture we all love, plus ready-to-eat POM POMS Fresh Arils, the beautiful red seeds from the pomegranate fruit. (See: Pomegranate Recipes for the Holidays)
You can use other kinds of nuts, but I like to go with pistachios not only because of the festive green hue (that's actually due to their antioxidants), but also because it's one of the lowest-calorie nuts-plus nearly 90 percent of the fats are the healthy and unsaturated. By using those juicy ruby red arils, the third layer of antioxidant explosion delivers your body a satisfyingly sweet treat you can feel good about eating. Grab the recipe below and kick-start the New Year with a healthy option the whole party can enjoy.
DIY Dark Chocolate Bark
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 10 oz dark chocolate bark (60% cocoa)
- 1/2 cup Wonderful Pistachios Roasted & Salted No Shells Pistachios
- 1/2 cup POM POMS Fresh Pomegranate Arils
- In a double broiler, melt the chocolate until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate onto a baking sheet lined with waxed paper.
- Evenly distribute chocolate using a spatula.
- Sprinkle pistachios and POM POMS over the top. Press gently into the chocolate.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes and enjoy! Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days for best quality.