Four ingredients + your favorite fall flavors = the perfect breakfast.
As much as we love breakfast, it's all too easy to fall into a morning rut on weekdays: You're late, you're rushing, and you just need something to keep you going until lunch. But who says ~decadent~ dishes like pancakes need to wait until Sunday? Certainly not us. We created this healthy pancake recipe with just four ingredients so you can start your day right. Bonus: The recipe only takes 15 minutes from start to finish and includes your favorite fall combo: apples and cinnamon. (Next up: The Best Protein Pancakes Ever)
4-Ingredient Cinnamon-Apple Pancakes
Makes about 7 or 8 small (silver dollar size) pancakes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 1 large ripe or medium-ripe banana
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 red apple, skin intact, chopped into small pieces
- In a medium bowl, use a fork to mash the peeled banana thoroughly; there should be no real chunks remaining.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the eggs until the whites and yolks are thoroughly mixed. Then, pour the egg mixture into the bananas and whisk until well-combined. The batter consistency won't match that of typical pancakes; it'll be runnier. Don't worry—that's how it's supposed to look. Add cinnamon and apples, and then stir once more until all ingredients are combined.
- Coat a griddle or skillet with nonstick cooking spray, then heat it on medium-hot heat (not too long, but long enough to ensure that the pancakes will begin to cook upon contact). Spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter onto the griddle and cook for about 3 or 4 minutes or until the bottom is a nice golden color.
- Once you can tell that the outer edges of the pancakes are cooked through, use a spatula to flip them over, carefully and slowly. Cook the second side for another 2 minutes. If you prefer a more classically "browned" pancake look, continue to flip and cook each side until the cakes reach your desired color (though that's not necessary).
- Top with more cinnamon, add syrup, and enjoy.