These Dark Chocolate Cherry Cookies Have No Refined Sugar
These antioxidant-rich dark chocolate cherry cookies make for a tasty, healthy treat you'll love.
Valentine's Day is just around the corner, and we all know what that means: boxes of chocolate with ingredient lists a mile long tempting you everywhere you turn. To satisfy your sweet tooth, we've got you covered with these healthy dark chocolate cherry cookies. (Related: 10 Healthy Cookies You Can Eat for Breakfast)
Dried cherries are rich in a variety of vitamins and minerals, including potassium, vitamin A, vitamin C, and iron. And dark chocolate is loaded with antioxidants, including flavanols, which may reduce your risk of heart disease. These cookies also contain almond butter and almond flour, which are rich in healthy fat and fiber-both of which help you to feel full and satisfied. Plus they're dairy-free and have no refined sugar. What are you waiting for?
Dark Chocolate Cherry Cookies
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons creamy natural almond butter
- 1/4 cup natural applesauce
- 1/4 cup nut milk, such as almond or cashew milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (dairy-free) dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the almond flour, whole-wheat flour, salt, and baking soda in a mixing bowl, briefly stirring with a wooden spoon.
- In another bowl, combine the maple syrup, almond butter, applesauce, nut milk, and vanilla extract. Whisk together until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Add in the chocolate chips and dried cherries, and stir just until evenly combined.
- Spoon the cookie dough onto the baking sheet, forming 18 cookies.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until bottoms of the cookies are golden brown.
- Transfer cookies to a wire cooling rack and allow to slightly cool before enjoying.
Nutrition stats per cookie: 120 calories, 6g fat, 1g saturated fat, 17g carbs, 2g fiber, 7g sugar, 3g protein