Try This BLT Chicken Salad Collard Wrap for a Low-Carb Meal Prep Lunch
This upgraded BLT is the healthy lunch option you haven't tried before.
The classic BLT sandwich might seem like a decadent lunch unfit for a healthy, active girl like you. But there are small tweaks you can make to the OG recipe that'll turn it into a healthy lunch that's perfect for meal prep, too.
This dairy-free BLT Chicken Salad Collard Wrap replaces the two slices of bread with a nutrient-rich collard leaf so you can enjoy that savory BLT goodness without loading up on added refined carbs. (Related: Low-Carb Sandwiches You Can Actually Eat On the Keto Diet)
It's also rich in healthy monounsaturated fat not only from avocado but also from avocado oil, which serves as the base for the delicious and creamy (dairy-free) store-bought green goddess dressing used here. Unlike regular BLTs, which are pretty much devoid of nutrients, this one is full of protein-rich chicken. (Related: High-Protein Vegetarian Recipes for a Satisfying Lunch)
And, don't worry-this BLT recipe might be healthy, but it doesn't skip out on the star ingredient: ~bacon~. This version just uses a much healthier nitrate- and sugar-free turkey bacon. (Yes, it's just as good!) It's also packed with veggies, including lycopene-rich tomatoes, red onion, and romaine lettuce. Finally, the fibrous collard greens mean you can meal-prep this wrap for lunch without having to worry about soggy bread.
BLT Chicken Salad Collard Green Wrap
- 1 large collard green leaf
- 4 oz organic rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Green Goddess Dressing & Marinade
- 1/4 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 slices turkey bacon, cooked and chopped (such as Wellshire Farms Sugar-Free Paleo Turkey Bacon)
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 1/4 of an avocado, sliced
- 1 tomato on the vine, sliced
- Himalayan pink salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients (other than collard leaf) to a bowl and mix until combined. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Place collard green leaf on a cutting board and shave stalk to approximately the same thickness of the leaf.
- Fill center of the collard leaf lengthwise with chicken salad mixture. Fold collard green leaf inward over chicken salad and roll into a wrap.
- Cut wrap in half. Serve with your favorite side salad, and enjoy!