Try This BLT Chicken Salad Collard Wrap for a Low-Carb Meal Prep Lunch
The classic BLT sandwich might seem like a decadent lunch unfit for a healthy, active girl like you. But there are small tweaks you can make to the OG recipe that'll turn it into a healthy lunch that's perfect for meal prep, too.
This dairy-free BLT Chicken Salad Collard Wrap replaces the two slices of bread with a nutrient-rich collard leaf so you can enjoy that savory BLT goodness without loading up on added refined carbs. (Related: Low-Carb Sandwiches You Can Actually Eat On the Keto Diet)
It's also rich in healthy monounsaturated fat not only from avocado but also from avocado oil, which serves as the base for the delicious and creamy (dairy-free) store-bought green goddess dressing used here. Unlike regular BLTs, which are pretty much devoid of nutrients, this one is full of protein-rich chicken. (Related: High-Protein Vegetarian Recipes for a Satisfying Lunch)
And, don't worry-this BLT recipe might be healthy, but it doesn't skip out on the star ingredient: ~bacon~. This version just uses a much healthier nitrate- and sugar-free turkey bacon. (Yes, it's just as good!) It's also packed with veggies, including lycopene-rich tomatoes, red onion, and romaine lettuce. Finally, the fibrous collard greens mean you can meal-prep this wrap for lunch without having to worry about soggy bread.
BLT Chicken Salad Collard Green Wrap
- 1 large collard green leaf
- 4 oz organic rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Green Goddess Dressing & Marinade
- 1/4 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 slices turkey bacon, cooked and chopped (such as Wellshire Farms Sugar-Free Paleo Turkey Bacon)
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 1/4 of an avocado, sliced
- 1 tomato on the vine, sliced
- Himalayan pink salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients (other than collard leaf) to a bowl and mix until combined. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Place collard green leaf on a cutting board and shave stalk to approximately the same thickness of the leaf.
- Fill center of the collard leaf lengthwise with chicken salad mixture. Fold collard green leaf inward over chicken salad and roll into a wrap.
- Cut wrap in half. Serve with your favorite side salad, and enjoy!
Hello everyone, I must start by saying that I didn’t go into marriage with expectation that it will fail after 8 years. I and my spouse where not compassionate to ourselves. Trying to work out my marriage was self-defeating, we don’t really know why we no longer find ourselves attractive anymore. All we secretly thought was divorce, we couldn’t agree or communicate anymore, it was emotionally difficult moments when we face each other in the bedroom. I know that a phycologist might not be able to help me go through divorce because it has never worked for me. Divorcing could traumatize our kids, I can’t let them be emotionally crippled. I remember my grandmother once told me that not issues can be resolved physically, I should try solving some issues spiritually through a well-known spiritual doctor. I can provide evidence that my life and marriage got more better and interesting with so much love and fulfilled promises after Dr. Wakina lighted up our fire with a magnificent love spell with the aid of firstname.lastname@example.org. The spell work I never regarded rewrote my story. I’m touched beyond words, thanks Dr. Wakina.Read More