The Mocha Chip Banana Ice Cream You Can Have for Dessert or Breakfast
This "nice" cream is perfect for a summertime dessert and healthy enough to eat for breakfast.
Healthier, "diet" ice creams often leave you craving the real stuff-and they're filled with ingredients we can't pronounce. But indulging in your favorite full-fat pint isn't likely going to be something you do on a regular basis. Enter: This nice cream recipe which offers a healthier way to satisfy that ice cream craving-and gives you a little jolt of energy that basically everyone could use in the morning. (Related: From frozen yogurt to gelato, here's your guide to choosing the healthiest ice cream.)
All you have to do to make the base for this icy treat blend chunks of frozen banana. Then you'll add a mocha-flavored twist with the addition of coffee extract, chocolate chunks, and a touch of maple syrup.
It also only takes a few minutes to whip up in your food processor, so you can make this recipe for a healthy and refreshing dessert or snack, or feel like a kid doing something "bad" by swapping a boring ol' banana for some morning banana ice cream. (Next up: The Healthiest Banana Split Recipe Ever)
Mocha Chip Nice Cream
- 3 frozen bananas, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chunks
- 1 teaspoon coffee extract
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoon almond milk, or milk of choice
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chunks in a food processor. Blend until mixture is mostly smooth.
- Add in chocolate chunks and process for another 5 to 10 seconds.
- Transfer nice cream into 2 bowls. Eat immediately for a softer texture, or freeze to harden up a bit before enjoying.
Nutrition stats per 1 bowl: 260 calories, 5g fat, 50g carbs, 6g fiber, 38g sugar, 3g protein