Tropical Berry Breakfast Tacos for a Sweet Way to Start Your Morning
Fresh mango, shredded coconut, and pineapple yogurt give these tacos tropical vibes.
Taco nights are never going anywhere (especially if they include this hibiscus and blueberry margarita recipe), but at breakfast? And we don't mean a savory breakfast burrito or taco, either. Sweet breakfast berry tacos are a thing, and this recipe is going to change your mind about what's possible with morning meals.
These tacos use in-season summertime fruit, including mango, strawberries, and blueberries, for a nice dose of freshness that you'd expect in the early hours. It also incorporates pineapple yogurt for more tropical flavor and some protein, but you can use whatever yogurt flavor you want. (Related: Pancake Tacos Are the Best New Way to Eat Breakfast)
Whipping up these tacos is easy: Spoon the yogurt onto small tortillas, add the fruit, sprinkle coconut onto each taco, and drizzle an almond butter maple syrup on top for a fun, creative dish that everyone will love-but no one would judge you if you didn't want to share.
Tropical Berry Breakfast Tacos
Makes 4 tacos
- 2 tablespoons creamy almond butter
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 6-inch flour tortillas (corn, spinach, etc. work too)
- 2 6-oz pineapple yogurt cups, or other complementary flavors such as mango or vanilla
- 2 medium mangoes
- 2/3 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- In a small saucepan over low heat, add almond butter, maple syrup, and vanilla. Stir often until mixture is heated through and smooth.
- Meanwhile, peel and dice mangos. Dice strawberries.
- Arrange tortillas on a cutting board or serving dishes. Spoon yogurt evenly into each tortilla. Arrange mango, strawberries, and blueberries on top of yogurt on the tortillas.
- Sprinkle coconut on top of each tortilla.
- Use a spoon to drizzle almond butter/maple syrup mixture on top of each breakfast taco.
Nutrition facts per taco: 290 calories, 35g carbs, 12g fat, 11g protein, 4g saturated fat, 3g fiber