This All-Green-Everything Salad Is the Healthy Spring Salad You've Been Waiting For
Spring finally feels like it's here thanks to this fresh, monochromatic salad.
Spring is finally here (kinda, sorta), and loading up your plate with everything that's fresh and green sounds like a good idea to get in the spirit. Translation: You're going to be gobbling up this all-green salad on repeat.
Seasonal, light, and loaded with nutrients, this delicious salad satisfies all your springtime food cravings. It's got asparagus, arugula, and sugar snap peas in the mix, so you'll not only be filling up with vitamins and minerals, you'll be getting some fiber, too. This salad also has avocado and extra-virgin olive oil, giving you a double dose of healthy monounsaturated fats. The final touch is fresh mint and a delectable lemon vinaigrette. The result? A salad that's bursting with so much flavor you'll swear you can almost taste spring. Pro tip: Top it with your protein of choice to make it a complete meal.
Green Everything Spring Salad
- 4 cups organic arugula
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas, trimmed and cut in half
- 10 asparagus spears, trimmed and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
For lemon vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Meyer lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Himalayan pink salt and ground, black pepper to taste
- In a large salad bowl, combine arugula, sugar snap peas, asparagus, mint, and avocado.
- To make the lemon vinaigrette: Add ingredients to Vitamix or other high-speed blender and blend until emulsified. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss salad with lemon vinaigrette to coat. Serve and enjoy.