Healthy Fish Tacos with Sesame-Tahini Dressing for an Easy Mediterranean Diet Meal
Your Taco Tuesday just got so much better.
These Thai-inspired tacos look and taste completely different from your typical fish taco recipe, but one bite in and you're going to be hooked on the new and delicious flavor combo. First, low-carb or keto diet fans will appreciate the use of radicchio in place of traditional taco shells. Then, everyone will get on board for the shredded cabbage, carrots, scallions, and cilantro on top of mild sole fillets. Basically, these fish tacos are not only scrumptious, they're super healthy and loaded with fiber and micronutrients. (Check out even more ways to spice up your healthy taco recipes.)
You'll also be getting a double dose of healthy fat with black sesame seeds and a totally addictive sesame-tahini dressing. (Psst, here are more creative tahini recipe ideas.) And if you're worried the radicchio shells won't fill you up, you'll be happy to know there is a lot of satisfying protein in the wild sole fillets to keep your belly happy.
Wondering what's the best way to serve these Thai-flavored tacos? Try them with a side of black "forbidden" rice and a Napa cabbage side salad for an extra boost of veggies.
Thai-Inspired Fish Tacos with Sesame-Tahini Dressing
- 2 4-ounce wild sole fillets
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Himalayan pink salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Napa cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup carrots, grated
- Scallions, chopped
- Cilantro, chopped
- Black sesame seeds
- Radicchio leaf "shells," cleaned
- Sesame tahini dressing (see below)
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar (sugar-free)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, such as Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- Himalayan pink salt and ground, black pepper to taste
- To make dressing: Add ingredients to Vitamix or other high-speed blender, and blend until emulsified. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle sole fillets with salt. Heat olive oil in sauté pan over medium heat, and cook until bottom side of fillet releases from pan easily, about 3 minutes. Flip sole, and cook for another 3 minutes, or until fish is just fully cooked.
- Remove sole from heat and cut into 1/2-inch wide pieces.
- Place radicchio "shells" on plate. Divide cooked sole pieces, cabbage, and carrots amongst radicchio shells. Sprinkle with scallions, cilantro, and sesame seeds.
- Drizzle sesame-tahini dressing over each taco.