Low-Calorie Flourless Banana Muffins That Make the Perfect Portable Snack
If you're a smaller meals and snacks kind of eater, you know that having healthy bites around is key to fueling your day and keeping your belly satisfied. One smart way to snack is by making homemade muffins. They have built-in portion control. They're portable. And since you're making them at home, you know exactly what ingredients are going into them. (Related: The Best Healthy Muffins Recipes)
And that's the thing. Muffins can be a healthy start to your day, or they can be a calorie-loaded sugar bomb-it's all about the ingredients. Made with wholesome oats and ripe banana, and sweetened with pure maple syrup, each muffin has just 100 calories. Whip up a batch to have around as a healthy snack option during the week!
Low-Cal Flourless Banana Cinnamon Muffins
- 2 1/4 cups dry oats
- 2 ripe bananas, broken into chunks
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/3 cup natural apple sauce
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with muffin cups.
- Place the oats in a food processor and pulse until mostly ground.
- Add in all remaining ingredients. Process just until mixture is evenly combined.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the muffin cups.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of a muffin.
*If you do not own a food processor, you can buy oat flour and combine the ingredients by hand in a mixing bowl.
Nutrition stats per muffin: 100 calories, 1g fat, 21g carbs, 2g fiber, 7g sugar, 2g protein