This healthy recipe is easy to make, so it's perfect for those warm summer evenings when you'd rather be outside than in the kitchen.
With a combination of artichoke hearts, cucumber, red onion, hearts of palm, tomatoes, and fresh basil, this salad has a delicious Mediterranean twist that you're going to love. It also features capers and a Meyer lemon vinaigrette that will add a tangy flair to every delicious bite. And, while you can be sure that this salad is filled with tasty ingredients, it's also packed with nutrients. It's not only loaded with fiber, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals but also rich in healthy monounsaturated fat from a trio of avocado, olives, and extra-virgin olive oil. (Discover the benefits of these healthy fats and eight more that every healthy diet should include.) This refreshing salad is so easy to make, it will definitely top your list of favorite summer dishes. (Check out more easy and delicious salad recipes.)
Mediterranean Chopped Salad
Makes approximately 2 1/2 cups
Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup Meyer lemon juice
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Himalayan pink salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Persian cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/2 cup hearts of palm, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1/2 of an avocado, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- To make the vinaigrette: Add ingredients to Vitamix or other high-speed blender and blend until emulsified. Adjust salt to taste.
- In a large salad bowl, combine cucumber, artichoke hearts, hearts of palm, tomatoes, olives, onion, capers, avocado, and basil.
- Toss salad with enough vinaigrette to coat everything. Serve and enjoy.