No-Bake Cookie Dough Recipe That's Packed with Protein
No eggs. No dairy. Lots of protein.
Eating cookie dough raw has probably been a guilty pleasure since you were a kid, sneaking spoonfuls every time your mom made cookies. But it's not exactly a healthy habit (thanks, raw eggs). With the newest crop of stores selling über-delicious (and calorie-laden) dough by the bowl, it's even more difficult to resist temptation, no matter how much of an ~adult~ you are now.
Enter: This cookie dough recipe from Foodie Fiasco. The recipe is egg- and flour-free, which is crucial because these ingredients can make you sick if eaten uncooked. Even better? There are 20 grams of protein per serving thanks to vanilla protein powder and nut butter. And the entire batch has only 125 calories!
- 1 scoop protein powder (my favorite is Sun Warrior Classic Vanilla)
- 2 tablespoons powdered peanut butter (or 1 tablespoon nut butter)
- splash vanilla extract
- 2 to 4 tablespoons almond milk
- sweetener, to taste (such as stevia, depends if your protein powder is sweetened)
- add-ins of your choice (my go-to is 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut and 1/2 square chopped dark chocolate)
In a small bowl, combine the protein powder and powdered peanut butter. Add in the vanilla extract and then the almond milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until you've reached a cookie dough consistency (this will vary depending on the protein powder you use). Sweeten to taste if desired. Now add in your favorite cookie dough fillings! Roll into balls if you want, or simply grab a spoon and go to town.
Recipe and photo: Foodie Fiasco