You Can Make These Oatmeal Protein Cookies In 20 Minutes Flat
These oatmeal cookies use Greek yogurt and protein powder to balance out the sweet stuff.
Switch up your go-to snack with these blueberry lemon protein cookies. Made with almond and oat flours, lemon zest, and blueberries, these gluten-free cookies are sure to hit the spot. And thanks to vanilla Greek yogurt and protein powder, they'll actually keep you full. We suggest whipping up a batch on the weekend, then storing them in the fridge to have an afternoon snack at the ready all week long (if you can resist going back for more, that is). (Next: 10 Peanut Butter Recipes That Are Healthy and Delicious)
For this recipe, we use a food processor to quickly ground the oats and mix all the ingredients together. The cookies can be prepped, baked, and ready in 20 minutes flat (really).
Blueberry Lemon Protein Cookies
Makes 18 cookies
- 1 cup dry oats (can also use oat flour and skip step #2)
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 56g vanilla protein powder (your favorite kind!)
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup honey
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place the oats in a food processor and process until mostly ground.
- Add in the almond flour, protein powder, honey, yogurt, lemon zest, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Process just until the ingredients are evenly mixed into a batter.
- Add in the blueberries, and pulse just for 10 seconds.
- Spoon the batter onto the baking sheet, forming 18 cookies that are evenly spaced apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the bottoms of the cookies are lightly browned.
- Allow the cookies to slightly cool before using a spatula to transfer them to a cooling rack.
- Store in the refrigerator in a closed container or covered plate.
Nutrition facts per 2 cookies: 205 calories, 6g fat, 29g carbs, 2g fiber, 20g sugar, 12g protein