These Pumpkin Spice Mini Muffins Are the Perfectly Sized Snack
Acorn-shaped muffin tin not required, but doesn't it make these tiny baked goods even cuter?
You're probably thinking, "Oh, yet another pumpkin recipe for fall-genius." But don't turn away from these treats just yet. These mini muffins are the perfect way to enjoy the "it" flavor of fall without going into a pumpkin food coma. Plus, they are perfectly portioned so you can grab one when you're hungry midmorning without ruining your appetite for that healthy meal prep lunch you brought.
Plus, pumpkin isn't the only seasonal flavor you'll taste in these treats. Cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice round out the recipe and the acorn-shaped muffin tray turns these into the cutest treat to enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea on a cozy autumn day. (Seriously sick of pumpkin? It happens. Make this vegan kabocha squash soup instead.)
Anyone with dietary restrictions will be pleased, too, because these mini muffins don't have any dairy, gluten, or refined sugars. Whip up the batter, pop them in the oven, and they're done in about 20 minutes-super easy for when you need a little something sweet or people are coming over.
Pumpkin Spice Mini Muffins
Makes approximately 22 to 24 mini muffins
- 1 3/4 cups super-fine almond flour from blanched whole almonds
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons organic virgin coconut oil, melted
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place almond flour, coconut flour, arrowroot flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice in a bowl and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk pumpkin purée, 1/4 cup coconut oil, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla to combine.
- Slowly incorporate wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until batter forms.
- Prepare mini muffin pan or tray with the remaining 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Fill pan cups with muffin batter.
- Place mini muffins in oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of muffins comes out clean.
- Remove mini muffins from pan, place on a cooling rack, and let cool.