This Smoothie Is the Absolute Best Way to Repurpose Your Pumpkin Pie
Turn those last few pieces of pie into a creamy, healthy-ish next-day breakfast smoothie.
Pumpkin everything is arguably one of the best parts of fall. And of course, it all started with the OG pumpkin pie. (Related: This Healthy Paleo Pumpkin Pie Recipe Is Better Than the Real Thing) But if you're if you're experiencing some pie-overload post-Thanksgiving, this smoothie is pretty much the ultimate next-day breakfast. It's the perfect way to use up your leftovers and enjoy a hint of that creamy, leftover pie goodness-while still enjoying a healthy-ish smoothie.
Leftover Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
Makes one smoothie
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 slice leftover pumpkin pie, crust intact
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Honey, to garnish
1. Separate the filling from the crust of the leftover pumpkin pie and set aside each in separate bowls. Next, crumble the crust using your hands or a spoon.
2. Coat the rim of a tall glass with honey, then dip into the crust mixture. Set aside.
3. Add all ingredients, except for the honey, to a blender; pulse to combine. Pour into the prepared glass and enjoy right away!