Sweet potatoes are a nutrition powerhouse—but that doesn't mean they need to be bland and boring. Packed full of delicious broccoli and flavored with caraway seeds and dill, these stuffed sweet potatoes make a delicious, healthy dinner option. (So good, you'll want to add them—and these other healthy sweet potato recipes—to your regular routine.)
Stuffed Superfood Sweet Potato Recipe:
Makes: 2 servings
2 sweet potatoes, medium size
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1 pinch Himalayan salt
1 clove garlic, grated
1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup broccoli florets
1 red bell pepper, cubed
1/8 cup parsley, finely chopped
1 lemon (juice and zest)
1 teaspoon fresh dill
Optional: 1/8 cup feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cover the whole sweet potatoes in a bit of coconut oil and a sprinkle of salt. Place on oven tray and bake for 50 minutes, or until the inside is soft.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven and cut a slit lengthwise down the center. Open the potatoes without ripping the rest of the skin. Scoop out the flesh of the potato and put it in a bowl.
- In a frying pan, heat the rest of the coconut oil with the grated garlic and caraway seeds. Cook for 1 minute. Add half the water and the broccoli florets, bell pepper, and parsley. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the juice of the lemon and the flesh of the sweet potato and mix until incorporated. Add the rest of the water, lemon zest, and dill. Season with salt to taste.
- Carefully stuff the mixture back into the potato skins and serve with a sprinkle of sprouts, herbs, or feta on top.
Interested in more at-home workout video classes? There are thousands of fitness, yoga, meditation, and healthy cooking classes waiting for you on Grokker.com, the one-stop shop online resource for health and wellness. Plus Shape readers get an exclusive discount—over 40 percent off! Check 'em out today!