I'm sorry, but I ate these all. Every last one. So I had to make a whole new batch (poor me!) just so I could snap a few pics. And I'll eat this entire batch too, because let me just tell you — these are unbelievably good. I mean can't-stop-eating-these good. You might need to pay someone to hide these from you.
- 5 tablespoons dairy-free semisweet chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli)
- 1 cup salted roasted peanuts
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted (about 10 to 12)
- 1 scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder (about 35 grams; I used Vega)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Chop chocolate chips with a knife and set aside in a small bowl.
- Add peanuts to a food processor or high-speed blender.
- Process nuts until a creamy peanut butter forms.
- Add dates and mix until smooth.
- Add in the protein powder until thoroughly combined. Lastly, add the applesauce and mix until a creamy, thick dough forms.
- Roll dough into 22 balls, coat each ball with the chopped chocolate, and place on a plate.
- Enjoy immediately, or if you like a firmer consistency, refrigerate for at least 20 minutes. Store uneaten balls in an airtight container in the fridge.