Turmeric Latte Popsicles Are the Frozen Treat You Can Have for Breakfast or Dessert
Because hot weather + hot lattes = not a good mix.
You know when you wake up on a hot summer day, your A/C is being seriously lazy, and the thought of putting something hot in your mouth (hi, morning coffee + oatmeal routine) is just downright offensive? Enter: this magical breakfast popsicle that will save your morning.
Popsicles might feel more like an afternoon snack or a dessert-only item, but these babies are fair game for your first meal. This turmeric latte popsicle recipe from Numi Tea is made with bananas, unsweetened cocoa powder, cashew milk, oats, peanut butter, and cocoa turmeric latte mix-it's basically a bowl of indulgent oatmeal, but frozen. Not to mention, if you prep a bunch at one and leave them in the freezer, they're the ultimate grab-and-go meal for when you're short on time. (Here are even more smoothie popsicles that you can have every a.m.)
Sound like the best morning ever? Yep-and we haven't even talked about the health superpowers of turmeric.
Turmeric Latte Popsicles
Prep time: 10 minutes
Freeze time: 6 hours
Makes: 6 popsicles
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon Numi's Turmeric Cocoa Golden Latte mix
- 2 bananas, cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 cups cashew milk
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Add the rolled oats to a food processor (or blender, if necessary) and pulse until they are ground to a flour-like consistency.
- Add the cocoa and turmeric latte mix, and pulse a few times.
- Next add in 1 1/2 bananas, cashew milk, and peanut butter. Purée until the mixture is smooth.
- Thinly slice the remaining 1/2 banana and line the inside of the popsicle molds with the slices.
- Divide the mixture between six molds and add the popsicle sticks.
- Freeze the pops for at least six hours before serving. To remove the popsicles from the mold, fill sink with enough room temperature water to submerge the mold. Dunk (but don't submerge) the mold in 20-second intervals, until the pops can easily be removed.