This Easy Watermelon Poke Bowl Screams Summer
Once you have watermelon in your poke, you'll never go back.
If you had to pick just one food to be the ambassador of summer, it would be watermelon, right?
Not only is the refreshing melon an easy and healthy snack, but it's also super versatile. You can turn it into soup, pizza, cake, or a salad-or even add it into a poke bowl. This recipe for a sweet and savory watermelon poke bowl is courtesy of the folks behind WTRMLN WTR, the Beyoncé-approved hydration beverage. Though it doesn't incorporate the drink, you can pair some with the poke bowl for double the summer goodness. (They recommend the ginger flavor. FYI: It also makes a killer cocktail mixer.)
One disclaimer: Don't pick the seeds out of the watermelon. They won't grow a watermelon plant inside of you, promise-and they're actually super healthy for you.
Watermelon Poke Bowl Recipe
- 1 cup sushi-grade ahi tuna (or fish of choice)
- 2 tablespoons ponzu sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped watermelon
- 1/4 cup sliced mango
- 1/2 cubed avocado
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 2 tablespoons nori seaweed
- Sesame seeds (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon fried onion pieces
- Allow fish to marinate in ponzu sauce until flavor evenly coats fish.
- Add watermelon, mango, avocado, tamari, and nori. Stir lightly.
- Top with sesame seeds and fried onion pieces.
- Enjoy with WTRMLN GNGR and dig in.