Salty sweet potato fries are the perfect snack or addition to any brunch, lunch, or dinner. This recipe makes them crunchy and lightly baked instead of fried, so you can enjoy without the deep fried guilt. Get peeling and check out plenty of other healthy sweet potato recipes for any time of day.
Sweet Potato Fries:
2 medium/large sweet potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 4 inch long, 1/2 inch thick fries
2 to 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil or ghee
1 tablespoon coconut sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon coarse ground Himalayan salt, Celtic sea salt, or table salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon whole coriander seed (optional)
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss the sweet potatoes with the oil, salt, cumin, sugar, coriander and pepper so the fries are well coated.
- Spread a single layer of fries out onto a parchment paper-covered cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn the fries over, move them to the top rack in the oven and bake for another 15 minutes, or until the fries are golden brown and slightly crisp.
- Serve with Healthy Ranch Dressing.
Healthy Ranch Dressing
1/2 cup soaked raw cashews
1/3 cup plus one tablespoon water
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon Bragg Liquid Aminos
2 teaspoons miso paste
1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
1/8 cup chopped fresh basil leaves or 2 teaspoons dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
Place everything in a blender and process until smooth and creamy. Add an extra tablespoon of water if the sauce turns out to be too thick. Serve with warm sweet potato fries
Interested in more at-home workout video classes? There are thousands of fitness, yoga, meditation, and healthy cooking classes waiting for you on Grokker.com, the one-stop shop online resource for health and wellness. Plus SHAPE readers get an exclusive discount (over 40 percent off!)—check 'em out today!