5 Things to Do This Labor Day Weekend Before Summer Ends
Labor Day weekend may be just around the corner, but you still have two full weeks to enjoy all that summer has to offer. So, before you start putting on those jeans and ordering those pumpkin-spiced lattes, enjoy the last little bit of summer before Labor Day with these fun to-dos!
5 Activities to Do Before Labor Day
1. Throw a BBQ. Nothing says summer or Labor Day like a BBQ. So fire up that grill, and make some healthy dishes!
2. Workout in the pool. Sure, you can work out in an indoor pool year-round, but it's so much more fun to swim outside in the sunshine, isn't it? So before the rays of summer are gone, make the most of Labor Day weekend with a final water workout!
3. Mix a festive cocktail. These refreshing low-calorie cocktails are so very summery. Mix up a batch for you and your friends over Labor Day weekend!
4. Try a new sport. Summer and Labor Day are the perfect times to try a new fitness activity that you've been interested in. Whether it's paddleboarding, beach volleyball or some flag football, the summer sport possibilities are endless!
5. Make a chilled soup. Make the most of that last ripe summer produce by blending up some veggie soup. Low-calorie, delicious and completely refreshing, it's a great dish on Labor Day weekend.
Jennipher Walters is the CEO and co-founder of the healthy living websites FitBottomedGirls.com and FitBottomedMamas.com. A certified personal trainer, lifestyle and weight management coach and group exercise instructor, she also holds an MA in health journalism and regularly writes about all things fitness and wellness for various online publications.