BBQ Foods You Need to Try Before the Summer Ends
The summer may be winding down, but there's still plenty of time to fire up the grill for a BBQ! BBQ foods get a bad rap for being unhealthy, but if you know what to whip up, you can make your BBQ super healthy -- and delicious. So grab some pals, your grill, some sun and get your BBQ on!
5 Healthy BBQ Recipes to Make This Month
1. Asian Beef Skewers with Cilantro Gremolata. Skip the usual grilled burger and throw these beef skewers on the BBQ instead. Your guests will love the change of pace!
2. Grilled Portobello Mushrooms with Artichoke Purée and Roasted-Corn and Tomato Topping. You don't have to just cook meat on the BBQ. Grilled portobello mushrooms are a great vegetarian main dish, and when topped with roasted corn, it's BBQ perfection!
3. Spicy Wasabi Salmon Burger. Get fishy at your next BBQ with this salmon burger that is savory, a little spicy and totally delish.
4. Grilled veggies. Boost your produce intake by grilling veggies right on the BBQ! Vegetables of just about any kind are delicious when they get that grilled, BBQ flavor on them. Check out this BBQ veggie guide for tips!
5. BBQ Bloody Mary. BBQs aren't just about food! Mix up a batch of these BBQ Bloody Marys that used smoked lemons for a delicious BBQ flavor!
Jennipher Walters is the CEO and co-founder of the healthy living websites FitBottomedGirls.com and FitBottomedMamas.com. A certified personal trainer, lifestyle and weight management coach and group exercise instructor, she also holds an MA in health journalism and regularly writes about all things fitness and wellness for various online publications.