Deep-Fried Kool-Aid and 4 Other Really Bad-For-You State Fair Foods
If you're trying to lose weight, you probably want to avoid the state fair. As if corn dogs and funnel cakes aren't bad enough, chefs these days are creating high-calorie concoctions like deep-fried Kool-Aid that will make you scream more than the scariest ride at the state fair. Don't believe us? Check out the five deep-fried dishes below - they are truly some of the worst foods for you in America!
The 5 Worst Foods for You at the State Fair
1. Deep-Fried Kool-Aid. We're not exactly sure how you even go about deep-frying Kool-Aid, but a chef at the San Diego State Fair figured it out, and it's all the deep-fried rage.
2. Deep-Fried Candy. Whether it's Oreos, Girl Scout Cookies or full chocolate bars, deep-fried candy is a caloric bomb of fat and sugar.
3. Deep-Fried Ribs. As if ribs weren't unhealthy enough, they are now deep-fried. Scary!
4. Deep-Fried Twinkies. These have been around for awhile but they still shock us. Twinkies have a pretty bad nutritional profile to begin with, but dunk them in fat and fry them and they're really one of the worst foods for you.
5. Fried and Chocolate-Covered Bacon. If you thought deep-fried Kool-Aid was bad, try chocolate-covered bacon dipped in batter. We can't even understand how that even tastes good!