Yes, You Can Pull Off This Bold Blue Eye Shadow
Create a stunning eye look in five minutes flat. We'll show you how.
Applying makeup in a rush can go very, very wrong, as the cat-eye crowd can attest. But it is possible to create a dramatic eye when you're short on time. Just check out this super-easy blue eye shadow. (Not convinced you should try a bold look? Take a look at these fall makeup trends.)
Makeup artist Shay Garcia built the look around a blue waterproof cream shadow. Using a cream shadow saves you the time you'd spend applying a primer. Plus, with a creamy formula, you can apply with your fingers rather than messing around with brushes. It's up to you how bold you go. You can dab on a thick layer for a highly saturated look, or swipe for a more subtle wash of color.
Follow these steps for the complete look:
1. Pat a waterproof cream eye shadow onto lids from lash line to crease using fingers. Be sure to apply shadow as close to lash line as possible. Using a clean finger, smudge shadow to blend out any harsh lines. (Garcia used Nyx Vivid Brights Crème Color in Endless Skies, $7; ulta.com)
2. Pat a cream blush onto apples of cheeks using fingers. (Garcia used Glossier Cloud Paint in Dusk, $18; glossier.com)
3. Set brows with a clear brow gel. (Garcia used Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara, $6; ulta.com)
4. Apply mascara to lashes from base to tip. (Garcia used L'Oréal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara, $9; target.com)
5. Pat a clear gloss onto lips. (Garcia used Milk Makeup Face Gloss, $20; milkmakeup.com)