This gentle face mask will cleanse and moisturize your skin.
You can buy a face mask (or butt mask, we kid you not) for any conceivable skin concern or Instagram need. But for an impromptu spa night, you can also light some candles and whip up an old-school DIY face mask in just a few minutes. This natural mask is made of three skin-loving ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen: olive oil, honey, and eggs. Honey has long been used in natural skin care because of its antibacterial properties, egg whites have a temporary tightening effect, and olive oil is a natural moisturizer. (EVOO can also take off makeup; use some of your leftover oil to make this 2-ingredient eye makeup remover.) When you rinse off the face mask, it will leave your skin feeling clean, smooth, and hydrated.
Olive Oil Face Mask
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (we used California Olive Ranch Everyday)
- 1 tablespoon honey, warmed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Whisk together olive oil, honey, and egg until mixture is emulsified.
- Apply mask to face using a facial brush or hands.
- Let mask sit for 15 to 30 minutes, then rinse off.