Fall Fashion: Dressing for Your Body Type
Dressing for your body type allows you to choose the flattering fall fashion items that streamline your body and make you look fantastic.
Shape shares fall fashion tips that help flatter all body types:
- As the temperature dips, layer different lengths of solid colored tanks under long sleeve shirts or sweaters to elongate your silhouette. A longer length tank that ends just at the top of the hip (rather than tummy) will visually streamline you.
- A bold piece of jewelry will draw the eye away from problem areas. Go for standout earrings and necklaces that draw attention to your face and decollete.
- Don't put your summer dresses away just yet! Wear your warm-weather pieces into fall by pairing them with cozy cardigans, leggings and boots.
- Investing in the proper-fitting undergarment can easily shave off pounds-the right bra is critical.
- Go for hip-length (or longer) sweaters and fitted jackets to hide problem areas and avoid making your midsection look heavy.
- Wrap-style blouses or dresses in jewel tones are truly seasonless. Nipping in at the waist, they create an hourglass silhouette that translates perfectly from desk to dinner.
- When shopping for outerwear, choose a wide collared coat to deflect attention from the hip area. A gentle A-line flare is the most flattering cut.
- Hide a heavier stomach with an empire waist-where the waistline hits just below the bust line. This accentuates the slimmest part of a woman's body, while the flowing fabric falls away from the stomach.
- An extra long necklace, hitting between the bottom of your bra and your belly button will make your body appear longer and leaner.
- Chunky, cable knit sweaters are huge for fall, but steer clear of boxy shapes that don't have a defined silhouette, as these will add unwanted pounds. If you are going to wear a thicker fabric, make sure it has some structure.