3 High-Impact Eye Shadow Looks to Try This Winter
Glittery Red Lids
Red eye shadow has been a major beauty trend all fall, and this variation takes the look to a whole new party-ready level.
- Prime your lids with concealer to make the color last throughout the night.
- Apply a red or rosy shadow all over your lids and along your lower lash line.
- Blend a black shadow in the outer corners for a smoky effect.
- Dab red glitter onto the center of your lids. (Try NYX face and body glitter; $6, ulta.com)
- Highlight the inner corners of eyes to brighten.
- For even more drama, use a liquid liner to create a winged look.
Glossy eyes are having a major moment (just check #glossyeyes on Instagram). This version uses a bold turquoise shadow for an updated version of that blue shadow you rocked in the 2000s—and takes seconds to execute.
- Apply a creamy, highly pigmented turquoise blue shadow all over your lid.
- Layer a clear liquid gloss over it for a high-impact shine. (Try Milk Makeup Face Gloss; $20, sephora.com)
- Finish with a couple heavy coats of mascara.
Terra-Cotta Smoky Eye
If you want to change things up for a night out without going as bold as full-on blue or red, opt for this updated take on the classic smoky eye. It uses warm bronze and copper hues for a dramatic yet still super-wearable look.
1. Apply a warm brown, coppery shade all over your lids and along your lower lash line. (Try Urban Decay's Naked Heat Eyeshadow Palette)
2. Blend in a darker, creamy brown shade along your upper lash line for sheen and drama.
3. Highlight under the brow bone with a light gold shadow.
4. Apply a dark brown cream liner to your upper lids and add mascara.
5. Finish the look off with a brownish nude lip.