Nail the Holographic Makeup Trend with This Simple Tutorial
This high-shine makeup look takes 5 minutes.
When it comes to highlighter, you can dust a subtle glimmer onto the high points of your face, or you can level up and give yourself an otherworldly ~glow~. If you're interested in the latter, try this five-minute holographic makeup look from makeup artist Shay Garcia. The key is to choose a highlighter that has purple tones and apply it in layers until you've reached your desired level of shine. Finding the right cream highlighter that can double as an eye color is essential for this look. (See also: How to Score a Glowy Highlight In Seconds) Garcia suggests patting in the highlighter using your fingers.
Here's how to get the full look in six steps:
1. Apply a cream highlighter to high points of cheekbones, then pat the product in with fingers. (Garcia used Milk Makeup Holographic Stick in Supernova, $28; milkmakeup.com)
2. Swipe the same highlighter onto eyelids from lashline to crease using fingers.
3. Apply a coat of mascara. (Garcia used L'Oréal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara, $9; target.com)
4. Apply a cream bronzer to the hollow of your cheekbones, then pat product in with fingers. (Garcia used Milk Makeup Matte Bronzer in Baked, $24; milkmakeup.com)
5. Fill in brows with a brow powder. (Garcia used Glossier Boy Brow, $16; glossier.com)
6. Apply a clear gloss to lips with fingers. (Garcia used Glossier Balm Dotcom in Birthday, $12; glossier.com)