How to Create a Runway-Inspired Ombré Lip In 5 Minutes
Achieve the trendy beauty look IRL.
Bright lipstick for spring? Groundbreaking. To switch it up, we bring you the bright bold lip's cooler, hipper friend: ombré lips. "This effect creates a seamless fuller lip illusion without over-drawing," says makeup artist Shay Garcia. Read: The trend will make your lips will look effortlessly bigger. And who can turn down the fun 'pop' of color? (P.S. Here are 10 Lipsticks That Stay On All Day-without fading or touch-ups.)
Here's how to get the full look in under five minutes:
1. Apply concealer under eyes and wherever else needed.
2. Shade in the hollows of cheek bones to create a contour. Use a highlight shade under the eyes to set concealer.
3. Apply mascara to lashes from root to tip.
4. Using a water-resistant lip liner, line lips around and in the corners to create depth. (Garcia used Smashbox Cosmetics Always Sharp Lip Liner in FIGGY, $21; ulta.com)
5. Using a matching shade of satin-finish lipstick, fill in lips and blend into the lip line to create an ombré effect. (Garcia used Smashbox Cosmetics Be Legendary Lipstick in Fig, $21; sephora.com)