How to Score a Glowy, Blush-Like Highlight In Seconds
This runway-inspired look is practically made for Instagram.
It's hard to imagine our makeup bags before the advent of highlighter. Seriously, can one product get more magical?! But if you're tired of the same traditional champagne, gold, silver, or bronze highlighters that have been infiltrating makeup shelves and Instagram feeds for years, you're in luck: Pink highlighter is officially a thing. "The pink glow is a super cute twist on glowy skin with a pop of color," says makeup artist Shay Garcia, who showed us how to nail the look that can be seen all over Rihanna's FENTYxPUMA runways. Get ready for all the Snapchat selfies. (P.S. Check out some more beauty products that give you a rose gold glow.)
Here's how to get the full look in under five minutes:
1. Apply concealer under eyes and wherever else needed.
2. Shade in the hollows of cheek bones to create a contour. Use a highlight shade under the eyes to set concealer.
3. Apply mascara to lashes from root to tip.
4. Apply gloss all over lips to create a natural pink flush. (Garcia used Smashbox Cosmetics O-Gloss, $24; smashbox.com)
5. Apply a pink highlighter on the high points on the face, including the cheekbones and bridge of nose. (Garcia used Smashbox Baked Starblush Fusion Soft Lights, $32; macys.com.)