Jennifer Lopez Is Developing a Skin-Care Line (and We're Anxiously Waiting to Slather Our Skin)
Dreams of JLo-level skin are one step closer to becoming reality.
Jennifer Lopez and her latest character in Second Act have one thing important thing in common: They're both venturing into the skin care biz. The singer revealed that she'll soon be dropping a skin-care line at an event for the film at The Wing in New York. (Related: Jennifer Lopez Shows Off Her Abs In a Gym Selfie to Celebrate Her Birthday)
"I will be coming out with a skin care line that I've been working on for a long time because I don't want to put anything out," she told the audience. "…And so when I put it out I want it to be something that kind of encompasses all the things I've learned, all the secrets I have. I have little secrets. None of them have to do with needles, or anything like that just so you know." Basically, the details are super vague, but we're confident she's about to hook us up. "It's going to be something that works. It will work."
Lopez had hinted at the line back in June in an interview with Good Morning America, saying that she'd been working on a "little secret package thing" that's "just for your skin and…some other things." (Related: Jennifer Lopez Used to Believe Every Negative Thing People Said About Her)
If you haven't seen Lopez's skin lately, she looks like she took a nice long soak in the fountain of youth. Exhibit A:
Bronze and highlight definitely play a part in J.Lo's insane glow, and the singer dropped her first makeup line this year with Inglot. She's also credited her appearance to plenty of lifestyle factors over the years: Getting enough sleep, avoiding alcohol and caffeine, genes, working out, and meditating. But we're guessing the skin-care "secrets" she hinted at also play a huge part, and can't wait to see what a J.Lo skin-care line has in store.
According to Lopez, the line will likely drop in late 2019, but until then, we did some sleuthing so you can try some of the products that the star is rumored to use for glowing skin.
- Legend has it that J. Lo uses La Mer the Moisturizing Soft Cream all over her body. She's definitely at least used the product as a facial moisturizer. It was part of her pre-makeup skin prep for her All I Have show according to Allure. ($175, sephora.com)
- In 2016 Hello Magazine reported that Lopez always washes her face after working out and likes using Lancer The Method: Cleanse. ($55, sephora.com)
- On Bravo's Watch What Happens Live, J. Lo said she uses a rose cream from Whole Foods to moisturize, according to The Zoe Report. She was likely referring to something along the lines of Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream. ($45, dermstore.com)
- Lopez shelled out $25,000 to buy her own personal CACI Ultimate Device, according to Cosmo. For a more wallet-friendly microcurrent device, try NuFACE Mini Facial Toning Device. ($199, sephora.com)
- Back in 2012, Forbes reported that J. Lo was rumored to use Strivectin SD Eye Cream. It's no longer available, but the company still makes Strivectin Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles containing hyaluronic acid, resveratrol, and peptides. ($69, ulta.com)
- Before J.Lo's InStyle cover shoot, makeup artist Mary Phillips applied Vitner's Daughter Active Botanical Serum under her makeup. It contains 22 botanicals and essential oils including avocado, turmeric, and sea buckthorn. ($185, goop.com)
- J. Lo has cited her regular sunscreen use as one of her anti-aging secrets. She's spritzed with Sun Bum Original Sunscreen Spray while yachting off the coast of France, according to People. ($16, ulta.com)