5 Tips to Tame Stress the Week of Your Wedding
With Prince William and Kate Middleton's 2011 Royal Wedding just days away, we thought it only appropriate to share five tips for taming stress the week of your wedding. With so many last-minute errands to run and tasks to check off of your wedding to-do list, it can definitely be a hectic time!
Top 5 Tips to Taming Stress the Week of Your Wedding
1. Take time for you. Sure, you have 14,000 things to do in a short amount of time, but it's so very important that you take at least 20 minutes (ideally an hour!) each day to decompress. Whether it's doing some deep breathing, leisurely reading a magazine (and not a wedding one) or taking a long hot bath, take the time to relax. Trust us, just a little rejuvenation will help you to accomplish much more throughout the week, and it'll leave you looking extra beautiful on your big day.
2. Stay in the moment. It's easy to get wrapped up in the to-dos the week of your wedding, but try to stay as focused in the present as you can. This is a special time in your life that you want to remember and be grateful for every minute of, so treat the time as special - not as a week where you just run around like a chicken with its head cut off.
3. Have a date night. With the wedding just days away, you and your honey may be feeling some stress and your conversations are probably only about the logistics of the wedding. At least once the week of the wedding schedule a date night. It can be a quick drink out, a movie at home or even sharing a glass of wine and dinner out on the patio. Whatever it is, vow to not discuss wedding planning and instead just enjoy each other's company - you're about to start your life together, after all!
4. Treat your body right. Now is the time to make sure that you're eating a healthy diet (do not starve yourself!) full of fresh fruits and veggies and being active. While you shouldn't change up your workout routine too much (who wants to be sore on her wedding day?), fit in your regular exercise sessions and consider getting a massage this week, too, to further reduce stress. All of this adds up to being a beautiful, strong bride!
5. Be realistic. There are only so many hours in a day. So if you're hard-core stressing out over what you still have to do for the wedding, take a second and be realistic with yourself. Do you really need to have those hand-made favors? Will anyone notice if the decorations aren't as elaborate as you once envisioned? Focus on what really matters, delegate what you can and go easy on yourself.
And another small tip? Be grateful that your wedding isn't being aired on live TV all around the world like William and Kate's. Talk about pressure!
Jennipher Walters is the CEO and co-founder of the healthy living websites FitBottomedGirls.com and FitBottomedMamas.com. A certified personal trainer, lifestyle and weight management coach and group exercise instructor, she also holds an MA in health journalism and regularly writes about all things fitness and wellness for various online publications.