Ryan Lochte Swims for Hurricane Sandy Victims
Forget celebrity divorces and North West; we prefer to talk about stars living the healthy life. Here is what we've been discussing this week; tell us what you've been chatting about in the comments below or tweet us @Shape_Magazine.
1. Doing laps with Lochte. After becoming the first person to swim from Cuba to Florida without a shark cage in September, Diana Nyad came to New York City for her 48-hour "Nyad Swim for Relief" to raise money for Hurricane Sandy victims. Several other athletes swam alongside her throughout the two-day event, including Olympian Ryan Lochte who told NBCSports, "I love swimming, but 48 hours of swimming, I don't know if I could do that. I do one load of laundry, and I'm tired."
2. Up-and-at-‘em abs. Stars don't slack. At least not Jordin Sparks. The singer-actress posted a photo during her workout yesterday morning, saying, "HEY!! Good morning!! #getitrightgetittight." Perfect way to start your day-and her hashtag is so true. Learn how she lost 50 pounds through diet and exercise.
3. Stars sweating on dates. But not in a gross way. Hilary Swank and her boyfriend were spotted playing tennis and biking in New York City this week. Take note busy ladies, as this is a great way to check off two goals-workout and time with your man-at once. Plus exercise has been found to boost sexual desirability. Try our active date ideas that won't make you sweaty the next time you go out.
4. A bra that gives you a hand. In support of Breast Cancer Awareness, Rebecca Romijn worked with Funny or Die to create a commercial for the "hand bra," a bra that helps you "juggle yourself." Watch the video and share your reaction.
5. A refreshing definition of beauty. After recently giving birth to daughter Lincoln this March, Kristen Bell is in great shape, likely thanks to Pilates and jogging. But as she told PopSugarRush, she's not focusing on a number on the scale. Check out the interview below to learn why the House of Lies star says that, to her, beauty isn't anything physical.