25 Things We Can All Agree On—When We Need Unity the Most
The 2016 presidential race was tough for all of us—from start to finish. In the wake of the final results, let's remember that we're all in this together.
In the aftermath of the historically significant 2016 presidential election, America is feeling pretty effing divided. Your Facebook feed probably looks like a digital version of The Hunger Games, and people who you call your best friends or family might suddenly seem like they're worlds away. We're starting to resemble a cootie-infested middle school dance-but separating by political parties rather than genders. To put it bluntly, you can cut the national tension with a knife.
But whether your iMessages are full of confetti and dancing emojis or loaded with broken hearts and sad faces, we need to remember that we're all living, breathing, and working out side by side. We can't let our differences divide the nation; in the end, we're all Americans who want the best for our country and its people. That's why we rounded up a list of things that are guaranteed to put a smile on your face and bring people together-no matter how you feel about last night's results.
And if you don't vote "yes" to all of these things? Well, maybe you actually should move to Canada.
Whether you're a dog person or not, the sight of these fluffy little things is bound to bring a smile to your face. If it doesn't, you might not actually be human. And get this-puppies actually improve your health.
Not only are these little guys adorable, but they are total rascals. Who doesn't love some harmless mischief?
3. Really just any baby animals
4. OK, and animals in costumes
5. Or human babies doing weird tiny-human things.
6. Sipping a warm drink on a cold day
Even better? A warm alcoholic chocolate drink. Yes, that exists. Meet red wine hot chocolate.
7. Anything that is warm, cheesy, and deliciously gooey
Mac 'n' cheese, cheese pizza, grilled cheese, cheesy lasagna-even if you're lactose intolerant you KNOW this stuff is what they serve in heaven.
8. Free food-any time, any place
Literally, nothing brings people together faster than free food.
9. Wine popsicles
Why eat a frozen treat or wine when you can have both?! Don't worry, we have wine pops recipes for you right here.
10. Getting into bed after a looong day
11. Warm towels or blankets straight from the dryer
It's a special kind of warmth that you just can't replicate. It's like being wrapped in love.
12. Snuggling-which is literally getting wrapped in love
With your BFF, pet, S.O., or your fave stuffed animal. Cuddling is cuddling (and it actually has some health benefits too.)
13. That feeling after a really good workout
Like you gave it everything you got-and you're left with an incredible high. (Here's how to make that buzz even longer and stronger.)
14. A really freaking good hug
15. Waking up and thinking it's time to get out of bed, but then realizing you have three more hours to sleep
16. Slipping on a brand new pair of leggings
It's like not wearing pants and having super toned, tight legs at the same time. #magic
17. Not getting charged extra for guac at Chipotle
It's always worth the extra cash, but when they don't charge you? Priceless.
18. A perfect, sunny 72-degree day
When the sun is just warm enough, but you don't get all the boob sweat.
19. That "I'm free!" feeling on a Friday at 5 o'clock
The ultimate feeling of simultaneous relief, excitement, and possibility.
20. A fresh manicure or haircut
You feel like a brand new human being.
21. When your latest song obsession comes on the radio/bar/gym
You just can't resist going into total jam mode.
22. Taking off your bra and/or pants at the end of the night
Cause I'm freeeee, free boobin'.
23. Epic hybrid desserts
How can you not love it when a brownie, a cookie, and a s'more become one?
24. When you drop your phone but it didn't crack
So much anxiety... but then so much relief. It's like you cheated death itself.
25. Sleeping otters holding hands so they don't lose each other
See: if they can stick together, so can we.