Will You Be Able to Have a Baby?

You'll never really know if you'll have fertility issues until you try to conceive.But ifyou're under35 and havebeen trying formore than a year,talk with yourgynecologist.She may be ableto pinpoint aspecificproblem orrefer you to areproductiveendocrinologistwho specializesin the diagnosisand treatmentof infertility.If you're 35 orolder, putyourself on ashorter schedule:"Get helpif you haven'tconceived in sixmonths," saysDaniel Potter,M.D. "Nomatter howyoung you look,if you're 40, youreggs are still40." For moreinformation orsupport, goto the NationalInfertilityAssociation'sWeb site, resolve.org.

Was this page helpful?
Related Articles