All Natural Easy Chicken Enchilladas
These chicken enchiladas are a perfect way to use leftover chicken. And this recipe is also a great way to squeeze in an extra serving of whole grains if you use whole wheat tortillas. With all the flavor and cheesy goodness, your family won't believe this easy weeknight meal is only 315 calories per serving.
- Canola or grapeseed oil
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 15 ounce can all-natural Enchilada sauce
- 4 ounces canned green chiles
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 - 10 8-inch whole wheat tortillas
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with nonstick spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil and saute onions and peppers for about 4 minutes. Add garlic and continue cooking for another 3-4 minutes, until all veggies are tender. Turn off heat and let cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sauteed veggies, shredded chicken, all but 3 tablespoons of enchilada sauce, and green chiles. Fold in 1 cup cheese.
- Fill each tortilla with a "strip" of filling down the center. Roll up tortilla and place seem side down in pan. Continue until you've used up all the filling and tortillas.
- Brush remaining 3 tablespoons of enchilada sauce on top of the prepared tortillas in the pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, or until enchiladas are heated through and golden. Serve with light sour cream, diced avocado, and/or salsa.
- Recipe provided by Jenna Braddock, R.D.
Per serving: 315 kcal cal., 14 g fat (5 g sat. fat), 891 mg sodium, 4 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 17 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet