Almond Breakfast Porridge
Nuts contain healthy fat, but they also contain a nice dose of protein - in fact, one-half cup of almonds contains 16 grams. And when you grind them and heat with coconut milk, you get a to-die-for, high-protein porridge.
- 1/2 cup almonds, ground using a food processor or blender
- 3/4 cup coconut cream (from the top of a can of refrigerated coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 dash cloves
- 1 dash cardamom (optional)
- Heat the coconut cream in a small saucepan on medium heat until it forms a liquid.
- Add in the ground almonds and sweetener and stir to mix in.
- Keep stirring for approximately 5 minutes (it'll start to thicken a bit more).
- Add in the spices (have a taste to check whether you want more sweetener or spices) and serve hot.
- Recipe provided by Louise Hendon of Paleo Living Magazine.
Per serving: 502 kcal cal., 42 g fat (7 g sat. fat), 127 mg sodium, 9 g fiber, 10 g sugar, 16 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet