Almond Milk Bircher Museli with Honey Labne
Bircher muesli is a great way to start your day - it's packed full of fiber and skin-boosting goodness, and it tastes great too. Fiber cleanses the bowels, oats provide silica, which helps to maintain skin elasticity, and dates are a rich source of skin-rejuvenating minerals, including potassium and A, C, K, and B vitamins. Chia seeds and linseeds are rich in omega-3s, which help moisturize the skin from the inside, while sunflower seeds are a great source of skin-rejuvenating vitamin E. And sheep's yogurt full of good bacteria, which promotes digestive health and can improve the look of your skin. If you don't feel like making the honey labne, a simple dollop of plain yogurt is just as tasty.
- 2 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup ground almonds or almond meal
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 2 dates, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 grated green apple
- 2 1/4 cups sheep's milk yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
For the Honey Labne:
- Stir the yogurt and honey to taste in a bowl to combine, then tip into a muslin-lined sieve over a bowl to drain overnight (discard the liquid).
For the Bircher Muesli:
- Combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve the Bircher muesli dolloped with a little honey labne, watermelon, and mint leaves.
- Recipe provided by Carla Oates, founder of The Beauty Chef
Per serving: 269 kcal cal., 8.5 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 45 g carb., 7 g fiber, 13 g sugar, 5 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet