Alsatian Plum Cakes
These individual marzipan-like cakes make portion control painless.
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup almond paste
- 2 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons evaporated cane juice
- 3 plums, halved and pitted
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray six 4-ounce ramekins with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, mix together butter, almond paste, and sour cream.
- Scrape down sides of bowl and stir in egg and vanilla. Gradually stir in flour and evaporated cane juice.
- Scoop 3 tablespoons batter into each ramekin. Place a plum half in center of batter, cut side up, and top with 1 teaspoon brown sugar.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until plum is soft and a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
Per serving: 182 kcal cal., 8 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 22 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 20 g sugar, 3 g pro., 35 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet